How Can We Help?
Microsoft Project – How to download
If you are eligible for a copy of Microsoft Project, you will have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a download link and a link to these instructions.
If you have not received this email and believe you should have, please contact us and we can confirm your eligibility.
- Click the download link in the email you received from email@example.com and download the ZIP file to your computer
- Double click the ZIP file to open it
- Double click the “Install Project 2019.bat” file
- Windows should suggest that you extract all of the files before continuing, follow the steps in the presented wizard
- Click Extract All
- Once all of the files have been extracted, a new window will appear showing these extracted files.
- Double click on the “Install Project 2019.bat” file in this NEW window.
- A window with a black background will appear with the message “Downloading Microsoft Project installation files. Please do not close this window…”
- Leave this window open indefinitely to allow the download to progress as it may take at several minutes for the download to complete
- Once the download is completed, installation will begin shortly thereafter. The displayed message will change to “Configuring, please wait…”
- A separate Microsoft Office installation window will appear showing the progress of the Microsoft Project installation.
- Once complete, you will be asked to Launch / Activate Project. Upon running Project for the first time, complete the activation process to enable all features of the product.
This download method and associated instructions are based on a Windows computer with Microsoft Office installed from Microsoft Office 365 in UCD. If you have a different version of Office installed from another source or by another method, you might encounter compatibility issues. UCD students can download Office for free and then install Project as per the above instructions.
Please contact us for further assistance.